APA funding for conferences on graduate and postgraduate training
Scope and purpose
The Board of Educational Affairs (BEA) of the American Psychological Association invites applications for Awards in Support of Conferences and Workshops on Graduate and Postgraduate Education and Training in Psychology. The awards, which may be for up to $10,000 per year, must support organizations or groups of psychologists planning conferences and workshops intended to enhance the quality of graduate and professional education. Proposals must address how the conference or workshop would lead to improvements in graduate and postgraduate training and education. Preference will be given to groups or organizations that have not been awarded a Graduate and Postgraduate Education & Training grant in the past two years.
BEA will appoint a subcommittee to review and evaluate proposals and make recommendations to the BEA as a whole. BEA will make final decisions about the awarding of the grants and communicate decisions to those submitting proposals.
Proposals must address the following five criteria. Please limit your response to each criterion to 200 words:
- Goals and objectives — The clarity and nature of the conference or workshop goals and objectives in relation to the scope and purpose of the grant.
- Leadership — The qualifications of the person(s) identified to plan and lead the conference or workshop, relative to the topic of focus. Included in the qualifications should be evidence of national or regional leadership.
- Participants — The qualifications of conference or workshop participants relative to the topic of focus, including their potential for implementing outcomes of the conference or workshop.
- Impact — The estimated or potential impact of the conference or workshop in terms of the diffusion of new ideas resulting from its outcomes in the education community appropriate to the proposal's focus.
- Budget — The clarity and completeness of the conference or workshop budget, how realistic it is and how the grant funds are to be used to offset expenses incurred (e.g., travel, registration, speaker fees).
How to apply
To apply for a BEA conference award, formal proposals must be postmarked by Sept. 1, 2013. Send proposals electronically or via mail to:
Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Education
American Psychological Association
750 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242