Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefDuane G. Watson
- A scientist and two departments receive 2012 APA Culture of Service Awards
Jacquelynne Eccles and psychology departments at Bates College and UCSC are honored.
- What can your department do with a $5,000 award?
How recipients of the APA Culture of Service award have used it to advance psychological science.
- APA report on educational disparities is released
Task force reviews research on disparities and how to address them.
Government Relations Update
- APA-FABBS advocacy webinar prepares scientists to lobby Congress on research funding
Video archive of webinar can be viewed online.
- Advocacy training and congressional visits highlight research with chimpanzees
APA’s Committee on Animal Research and Ethics visits members of Congress.
By Pat Kobor and Jenna McGwin
- APA Federal Budget Blog
Read the latest post.
From the Science Student Council
- Playing nice: How to collaborate effectively with colleagues
Navigating differences in work style and authorship.
By Gina Fernandez
Science highlights from the October Monitor
Catching autism earlier
A flood of new research is advancing our understanding of autism and highlighting the need for earlier interventions.
The ghost in the lab
In a new book, developmental psychologist Jerome Kagan offers his take on the biggest challenges facing psychological research — and outlines a few “modest suggestions” to address them.
A twist on Pavlov’s famous conditioning experiment could point the way to new treatments for drug addiction and overeating.
Bringing books to life
Psychologists' research points to new ways to nurture young readers.
Parenting that works
Seven research-backed ways to improve parenting.
Notes on a scandal
How a racy rumor about the father of behaviorism made its way into 200 psychology textbooks.
Snapshots of recently published findings.