Psychological Science Agenda
2009 SCIENCE LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
- Science Leadership Meeting Sends Psychologists to Capitol Hill
As part of APA’s 5th Annual Science Leadership Conference, more than 100 psychological scientists reached out to nearly 160 members of Congress from 31 states.
By Pat Kobor
- Voices from the 2009 Science Leadership Conference
Scientists set off in small groups to visit the offices of their home state Senators and Representatives to make the case for federal support for psychological research and to enhance understanding of the role of psychology in improving health.
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Hiding Behind a Veil of Science
It is reprehensible for attacks to be directed at researchers who use nonhuman animals in their efforts to advance knowledge. That is why APA lobbied hard for passage of the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA) of 2006.
By Steven Breckler
- They Saw a Study: Clinicians Do Rely on the Science
Judgmental biases apply to everyone, scientists included.
By Steven Breckler
- Melzack and Stanovich Win Grawemeyer Awards
- Members Appointed to New APA Committee on Human Research
By Sangeeta Panicker, PhD
- Highlights of the 2009 Behavior, Energy, and Climate Change Conference
By Nicolle Singer
- Announcing the 2009 APA Dissertation Research Award Recipients
- 2009 Early Graduate Student Researcher Award Winners Announced
- APA Science Leadership: How Can We Meet Your Needs?
By Suzanne Wandersman
- Undergraduate Students – Apply Now to Our Summer Research Program
The APA Science Directorate is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2010 Summer Science Fellowships (SSF) is now open.
- Nominate Your Department or Your Colleague for a Culture of Service Award
- 2011 APA Distinguished Scientific Awards Program: Call for Nominations
- Meritorious Research Service Commendation: Call for Nominations
- Graduate Students – Apply Now for an APA Convention Student Travel Award
- APA Advanced Training Institutes Announced for 2010
- Master Lecturers and Distinguished Scientist Lecturers: Call for Nominations
- New Graduate Student Award from Division 1
The APA Science Directorate is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2010 Summer Science Fellowships (SSF) is now open. Visit the Summer Science Fellowship page for complete details about the program and the online application.
The deadline for SSF applications is February 12, 2010.