Testing and Assessment
Click on a topic below to view resources
- Consumer/Money Issues
- Decision Making
- Environmentally Friendly Behaviors
- Gender Issues
- Health & Well-being
- Improving Human Performance
- Law & Psychology
- Learning & Memory
- Product Design
Showing search results for "Testing and Assessment"
- Are Six Heads as Good as Twelve?
Psychologists show how justice is better served by larger juries.
- Assessment Centers Help Companies Identify Future Managers
Psychologists transform a military method for evaluating spy candidates into an accurate predictor of managerial potential for industry and local governments.
- Increasing Student Success Through Instruction in Self-Determination
An enormous amount of research shows the importance of self-determination (i.e., autonomy) for students in elementary school through college for enhancing learning and improving important post-school outcomes.
- Improving Employment Interviews
Psychologists help transform employment interviews from a nearly worthless experience into one that does a good job of predicting job performance.
- Intelligence and Achievement Testing: Is the Half-Full Glass Getting Fuller?
IQ and achievement tests can give us valuable information, but more research is needed to make sure these tests are used to improve learning opportunities for all students.
- See Brain. See Brain Read...
Reading instruction changes the brain.
- Scanning the Brain
New technologies shed light on anatomy, activity.
- Stereotype Threat Widens Achievement Gap
Reminders of stereotyped inferiority hurt test scores.
- The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)
Most psychologists agree that there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies.
- Think Again: Men and Women Share Cognitive Skills
Research debunks myths about cognitive difference.
- Who is the Best Person for the Job?
Psychologists find a way to link individual differences with success in the workplace.