The SES Indicator
August 2013 |Vol. 6, No. 3
Summer Book Review Series
Book explores evolution, motives and causes behind U.S. tax policies and policies' effects on disadvantaged citizens.
- Director highlights Summer Book Review and Expert Series, and two new resources
This SES Indicator issue is dedicated to a book on the impact of tax structures on low-income families.
By Keyona King-Tsikata, MPH
- Author on "Taxing the Poor, Doing Damage to the Truly Disadvantaged"
Katherine S. Newman, PhD, discusses her book and focus on working poor.
- Celebrating the social and economic achievements of American workers
Office on Socioeconomic Status pays tribute to the American workforce.
By Ieshia Haynie
- SES Student Resource Guide
Guide lists available scholarships, grants, internships and awards.
By Farzana Saleem
- "The Structural Determinants of Poverty, an Annotated Bibliography"
Bibliography explores production, replication and impact of poverty on underserved populations.