Spotlight on Disability Newsletter
A publication of the Office on Disability Issues in Psychology
May 2013 | Vol. 5, No. 1
Featured ArticleErin E. Andrews, PsyD and Lawrence Pick, PhD
An introduction to the CDIP committee, its current priorities and the committee’s projects and goals for the year.
In This Issue
- The Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology (CDIP) welcomes new CDIP members Dana Dunn, PhD, and Carrie Pilarski, PhD
Biography of CDIP’s newest committee members.
By Dana S. Dunn, PhD and Carrie Pilarski, PhD
- Public Interest Government Relations update
Summary on congressional briefing and update on attempt to ratify UN treaty advocating for persons with disabilities.
By Stefanie Reeves, MA
- Resource Room for persons with disabilities
This article highlights the offerings of the Resource Room during APA’s Annual Convention.
By Anju Khubchandani, MA
- APA psychologists Dana Dunn, PhD and Izabela Schultz, PhD to receive awards during APA’s Annual Convention
CDIP’s Distinguished Contribution Award and APF Brewer Award for Distinguished Teaching Awards being presented during convention.
- Disability related convention abstracts of CDIP
The Disability Issues office highlights a sampling of disability related programming at APA's 2013 Annual Convention.