Drug Use, Abuse, and HIV/AIDS: Module 8 HOPE Resource Package
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
HIV surveillance in injection drug users (through 2009) (2011)
Drug-associated HIV transmission continues in the United States (2007)
HIV prevention among injection drug users: Site index (2009)
This site contains information about a variety of drugs used in the club scene, how to handle withdrawal, etc. Targeted towards those currently using, or thinking of using certain drugs.
Information about different club drugs and their associated risks.
- HIV Clinical Guidelines
What are these drugs?
- National Institute of Drug Addiction (NIDA)
Club Drugs resource section
Trends and Statistics
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Northwest Frontier ATTC. (2006). Addiction Messenger-Methamphetamine
Part 1 –The facts
Part 2 – Treatment issues & options
Part 3 – Treatment issues & resources
- Britt, G.C., & McCance-Katz, E.F. (2005). A brief overview of the clinical pharmacology of "club drugs". Substance Use and Misuse, 40, 1189-1201.
- Fisher, D.G., Reynolds, G.L., & Napper, L.E. (2010). Use of crystal methamphetamine, Viagra, and sexual behavior. Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases, 23(1), 53-56.
- Semple, S.J., Zians, J., Strathdee, S.A., & Patterson, T.L. (2009). Sexual marathons and methamphetamine use among HIV positive men who have sex with men. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 38(4), 583-590.
Hepatitis C and HIV Co-infection
- AIDS Education Training Center (AETC)
Hepatitis and HIV/AIDS Coinfection
Resources available on the topic of HIV and HCV coinfection, including charts, tables, CD-ROMS, treatment guidelines, etc.
- HIV and Hepatitis C Background Information
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Hepatitis C Resource Center Program and Department of Veterans Affairs National Hepatitis C Program Office. (2006).
Management and treatment of Hepatitis C viral infection: recommendations from the Department of Veterans Affairs Hepatitis C Resource Center program and National Hepatitis C Program Office. Washington, DC: US Department of Veterans Affairs.