Office on Aging Newsletter
In This Issue
- APA Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Older Adults adopted
The updated guidelines reflect the growing body of evidence for effective psychological intervention with older adults.
- CONA fall 2013 meeting summary and current initiatives
CONA met with APA leaders and worked on its strategic initiatives.
- Multidisciplinary Competencies in the care of older adults
CONA advocates for APA endorsement of these important competencies.
- APA participation in national aging efforts
Assuring that psychology is represented.
- Aging policy update
The Public Interest Government Relations Office advocates for essential aging services.
By Ben Vonachen
- In the news
A summary of recent stories in the APA Monitor, press releases and blogs.
- Resources on aging issues
Access these helpful resources online.
- “Aging” at APA: APA entities with a focus on aging
Working together to bring psychology and aging to the forefront of APA and national efforts.