Psychological Practice with Caregivers
Psychologists who provide services to caregivers will find that their professional knowledge and skills in other areas have applicability, but will also find unique needs and challenges that require new learning. This section of the Caregiver Briefcase offers practitioners resources designed to meet the needs of professionals new to work with caregivers as well as more advanced information for practitioners devoting a meaningful portion of work to caregivers.
In the Caregiver Briefcase
In the Practice Section
- Common Caregiving Problems
- What do Psychologists Need to Know to Help Family Caregivers?
- How Caregivers Reach Psychologists
- Psychologists as Direct Service Clinicians and Consultants
- Conceptual Models
- Variations for Practice with Culturally Diverse Groups
- Business Pragmatics
- Common Ethical Issues