In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Guidelines for Psychological Practice With Transgender and Gender Non-conforming Clients available for second round of public comment
Task force seeks comments by Nov. 20.
- Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 is National Hispanic Heritage Month
The annual tribute raises awareness of the impact of substance abuse/addiction among Latino/Hispanic Americans.
- Behavioral Medicine: Biopsychosocial Challenges of Older Adults Living with HIV
APA collaborates on research that sheds light on a growing population.
A Student's Perspective
- Economic disparities hit everyone hard — but minority communities are especially hard hit
What minority communities can do to meet the challenges and reduce the effects of economic disparities.
- APA Responds to Request for Comment on SAMHSA Three-year Strategic Plan
Focus is on key priorities for psychology and those with mental and behavioral health needs.
- APA Recognizes Four Decades of Success on Capitol Hill
121 psychologists accepted as APA congressional fellows.