In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In 2012, more than a third of U.S. children and adolescents were overweight or obese.
In This Issue
- The MFP hosted its 12th Annual Psychology Summer Institute (PSI)
PSI provides mentoring as well as educational and professional development.
- Addressing health disparities in boys and men
APA advocates to improve health outcomes for vulnerable boys and men.
- 2015 Work, Stress and Health (WSH) Conference announces call for proposals
In 2015, Work, Stress and Health is focusing on Sustainable Work, Sustainable Health, Sustainable Organizations.
A Student's Perspective
- Question in a practicum interview: How would you respond when clients ask about your tics?
How should an interviewee respond to questions about a disability?
By Eric A. Samuels
- APA Congressional Briefing Addresses the State of Dementia Prevention
Panel discusses emerging interventions, lifestyle factors, prevention.
- APA Takes to the Hill to Advance the Minority Fellowship Program
Psychologists and students make the case to their congressional delegations.
- APA Testifies on Guidelines for Assessing Persons with Disabilities
Psychologist addresses issues around culture and parenting by individuals with disabilities.
- Bill That Improves Employment Opportunities for Individuals With Disabilities Signed Into Law
New law brings changes to Workforce Investment Act and National Council on Disability.
- Senate Committee Approves UN Disability Treaty
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities now awaits floor vote.
- Key Health Disparities Legislation Introduced in the House of Representatives
Bill impacts many priority areas for APA.