In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- ACT Raising Safe Kids Program
The Violence Prevention Office continues expansion of the program to Greece, Peru and Colombia.
- APA staff to raise money for kids during "Go Casual for Charity Day"
In recognition of April as Child Abuse Prevention Month, staff donations will go to local organizations.
- Celebrate Children’s Mental Health Awareness Month by speaking up for kids
Invite your clients, community groups, students or others to gather and watch webcasts about the emotional health needs of children.
- Hollingsworth v. Perry
APA took the lead on this U.S. Supreme Court amicus brief challenging California's Proposition 8.
- U.S. v. Windsor
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns Office worked closely with APA's Office of General Counsel to develop this amicus brief challenging the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Key Child Trauma Legislation Makes Crucial First Step in New Congress
The legislation brings needed changes and expands funding for a child trauma network.
Resources and Opportunities for Psychologists
- Kenneth and Mamie Clark Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Professional Development of Ethnic Minority Graduate Students
The purpose of this annual award is to recognize the efforts of an ethnic minority professional in the field of psychology who has demonstrated commitment to the academic and professional development of ethnic minority graduate student trainees.
- Psychological Services for Long Term Care, Resource Guide (PDF, 195KB)
The Office on Aging and Committee on Aging (CONA) represent psychology in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services national partnership to improve dementia care in nursing homes.