In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Recovery to Practice Update
- APA and the Montana Psychological Association files Amicus Brief in Donaldson and Guggenheim v. Montana
- Women's Programs Office News
- Spotlight on Disability Newsletter
Newsletter of APA's Office on Disability Issues in Psychology. This newsletter will be produced three times a year and distributed primarily via email.
- Office on Aging Newsletter
A quarterly online publication that reports on APA efforts to promote the application of psychological research to improve the health and well-being of older adults, which is complied by the Office on Aging, and covers topics such as convention, grants and awards, task force updates, guideline information and more.
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday is January 16, 2012
- Opportunities for psychologists, resources & more
- January 2012 Policy Update
APA’s Public Interest Government Relations Office (PI-GRO) worked on issues related to HIV/AIDS, child abuse, the mental health of military service members and veterans, and the Minority Fellowship Program. PI-GRO also released its inaugural annual report.