In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
"I came to psychology as a career after having been harassed and hounded out of my job as a high school drama teacher"
In This Issue
- Family Caregivers Briefcase now online
Extensive resources on caregivers for psychologists
- Psychology Summer Institute call for applications online February 1
The Minority Fellowship Program releases the 2011 Psychology Summer Institute call for applications
- Dr. Richard Suinn and Dr. Lawrence Yang to Be Presented with CNPAAEMI Awards
Dr. Suinn receives CNPAAEMI’s Distinguished Leader Award and Dr. Yang receives CNPAAEMI’s Emerging Leader Award
- Resilience and recovery after war: Refugee children and families in the U.S.
A task force report that examines the psychosocial effects of war on children and families who are refugees from armed conflict residing in the U.S.
- ABCDE tips disseminated in elementary schools
ABCDE bookmark going to 12 Title I elementary schools in Florida
- Women’s Programs releases “What Girls Can Do”
Helping girls combat messages that what you look like matters more than who you are
- February 2011 Policy Update
112th Congress brings significant change to Washington, new challenges and opportunities for PI-GRO's agenda.