APA encourages qualified psychologists living outside the United States to apply for full membership to receive the benefits and services — including voting privileges — and play an important role in selecting leaders and shaping governance.
International affiliate applications may be submitted at any time. If your application is approved between Jan. 1 and Aug. 31, your affiliation will be predated to Jan. 1 of the same year and your paid journal subscriptions will be backordered to the first of the year. Your subscription to the Monitor on Psychology will begin on the date of acceptance and continue through the year, with no back issues sent.
International affiliates who join APA between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31 will enjoy affiliation through the next calendar year. Your subscription to the Monitor on Psychology will begin with the next available issue, with no back issues sent.
All journal subscriptions are for one calendar year only. As an APA affiliate, you may order back-issues from previous years of any APA journal at member rates.
Affiliation status is effective Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. You will receive an invoice each year when it is time to renew your subscriptions and your affiliation.
For more information on becoming an international affiliate, contact the Membership Department.
APA Membership Department
750 First Street, NE Washington, DC 20002-4242
(800) 374-2721 (U.S. & Canada toll free)
(202) 336-5580 (in D.C.)
(202) 336-5568 (fax)
- Special low APA Annual Convention registration rates.
- Opportunity for membership in APA divisions. Join APA’s International Division (Div. 52) and receive a special $15 discount on the first year’s dues. Membership includes access to the APA Journal International Perspectives, International Psychology Bulletin, email lists and networking opportunities.
- Opportunity for membership in APA divisions.
- APA Monitor on Psychology — APA's monthly magazine.
- Mobile apps for APA Monitor on Psychology, gradPSYCH and other APA publications.
- Psychology International — APA's free international newsletter.
- Journal credit.
- APA journals and online databases at substantial discounts off non-member rates.
- Discounts off APA books and videos.
- High-quality information resources.
- Free online access to paid subscriptions' full-text files.
- Support for the discipline of psychology.
- Dedicated services from APA’s Office of International Affairs.
- And much more!
2015 Affiliate Dues
$50 — International
Psychologists in developing world and transition economy countries may contact APA to receive a nominal discount. If you would like more information on any of the dues categories please contact the APA Membership Department.