The Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders in Children
Significant progress has been made in assessing children with autism spectrum disorders. It is the case that a consensus model for assessment and diagnosis has not been reached. This advanced workshop will summarize the state of the science of autism assessment beginning with a historical overview of etiology, definition, and discussion of uses and limitations of standardized autism assessment scales and tools; discuss developmental considerations; and emphasize the importance of integrating data in making a diagnosis of autism or related ASD.
Part of the APA Online Academy Convention Workshop Presentations Campus.
- Articulate the history of autism;
- Describe the evolution of the diagnostic protocols for autism;
- Identify the basic social learning problems characteristic of autism;
- Process assessments, including behavioral observation, interpretation of various rater questionnaires, and face-to-face assessment;
- Identify current treatment strategies for autism; and
- Discuss the variables that predict positive outcome based on recent research for a select group of autistic individuals.
Sam Goldstein, PhD and Jack A. Naglieri, PhD
$80.00 for Members/Affiliates
Go to the APA Online Academy Registration Form.
If you are an APA member, please have your Membership Number available. If you don't know it, you can look up your membership number online or contact APA directly at (800) 374-2721, ext. 5580.
If you are paying by credit card, you will immediately receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to access the course and your username and password.
If you are paying by check, there is a ONE BUSINESS DAY waiting period before you can access your course. You should still register online.