What Therapists Don't Talk About and Why: Understanding Taboos That Hurt Us and Our Clients
The book discusses the damaging myths that therapists seem to hold about themselves that sustain the taboo topics. By offering questions for self-assessment and a series of "explorations" that can be used to examine taboo topics individually or in groups, the book provides resources for recognizing the myths, challenging the taboos, and speaking honestly and directly with patients and others about topics that have been off-limits.
- List conditions that maximize learning for training programs to consider.
- Recall real-life scenarios of sensitive issues encountered in therapy.
- List basic myths about the psychotherapist.
- Discuss what to do when a reasonable course of action is not easily known.
- Assess your personal feelings associated with various sensitive issues.
$60.00 for Members/Affiliates
Online tests can only be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.