Substance Abuse and Emotion
The debate over the causes of substance abuse typically divides along two assumptions: People either abuse drugs and alcohol out of sheer pleasure-seeking desires or to escape or assuage aversive states of comorbid anxiety or depression. Substance Abuse and Emotion goes beyond this dichotomy in its exploration of recent, significant field observations, theory construction and rigorous testing, and laboratory research to advance working models for a new research paradigm on substance abuse and comorbidity.
- Identify and describe different theoretical perspectives on substance abuse and how these theories apply to different populations (e.g., adolescents, adults).
- Explain the relationship between emotion and craving.
- Differentiate evolutionary, biological, and social explanations for substance abuse.
- Identify major advances in substance abuse assessment and treatment.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different research-based approaches to studying substance abuse and emotion.
Online tests can only be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.