Risk Assessment for Domestically Violent Men: Tools for Criminal Justice, Offender Intervention, and Victim Services
In this book, the authors make a powerful case for using actuarial risk assessments to predict recidivism in male domestic violence offenders. These assessments, the Ontario Domestic Assault Risk Assessment (ODARA) and the Domestic Violence Risk Appraisal Guide (DVRAG), are the first in the field. The ODARA/DVRAG system helps criminal justice officials and clinicians decide which offenders pose the greatest risk to therefore preclude the most dangerous cases from falling through the cracks.
- Justify the need for a system of actuarial risk assessment of domestically violent men.
- Explain the factors that facilitate and hinder reliable and valid risk assessment.
- Integrate theoretical and practical knowledge of risk assessment for a better understanding of its role in risk management.
- Identify the strengths and weakness of existing research on risk assessment.
- Specify future directions for implementation of risk assessment of domestically violent men within criminal justice and victim service systems.
$60.00 for Members/Affiliates
Online tests can only be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.