Becoming an Effective Psychotherapist: Adopting a Theory of Psychotherapy That's Right for You and Your Client
The author skillfully presents the nine leading systems of psychotherapy, the underlying rationale and approach to treatment for each, and their seminal theorists. Each chapter showcases a specific theory's therapeutic goals, its assumptions about the therapist–client relationship, client tasks, and the related change processes. Chapters end with thought-provoking journal exercises, learning tasks, and case examples, as well as a discussion of how each approach has evolved and is practiced today.
- Describe the value of the varied approaches to psychotherapy.
- Identify the leading theories of psychotherapy and their rationale.
- Describe the therapeutic interventions associated with the theories covered.
- Explain under what conditions the various interventions are most appropriately applied.
- Adopt a theory for practice.
$60.00 for Members/Affiliates
Online tests can only be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.