The New Statistics Part 2: More Effect Sizes and Confidence Intervals, and Meta-Analysis
Part of the APA Online Academy Professional Development Presentation Campus.
- Describe a confidence interval, and explain at least three ways to interpret it.
- Explain what information a 95% confidence interval gives about replication, and about p values.
- Explain the overlap rule of eye, for 95% confidence intervals, for at least two measures.
- Describe the value of a measure of precision, and its relation to statistical power.
- Identify problems with traditional reviewing, and the pros and cons of meta-analysis in psychology.
- Describe the steps in conducting a meta-analysis, and interpret and evaluate a simple meta-analysis presented using CIs.
$60.00 for Members/Affiliates
Go to the APA Online Academy Registration Form.
If you are an APA member, please have your Membership Number available. If you don't know it, you can look up your membership number online or contact APA directly at (800) 374-2721, ext. 5580.
If you are paying by credit card, you will immediately receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to access the course and your username and password.
If you are paying by check, there is a ONE BUSINESS DAY waiting period before you can access your course. You should still register online.