Behavioral Emergencies: An Evidence-Based Resource for Evaluating and Managing Risk of Suicide, Violence, and Victimization
$160.00 – List Price
$120.00 – Member/Affiliate Price
In this book, Phillip M. Kleespies and his colleagues provide clinicians with critical, evidence-based approaches for the evaluation and management of behavioral emergencies. 2008.
- Acquire a working knowledge of variables associated with suicide, violence, and victimization,
- Distinguish among the various types of behavioral emergencies and learn corresponding best practices,
- Improve differential diagnosis of patients presenting with psychopathological symptoms in emergency situations,
- Select evidence-based treatments and interventions,
- Improve assessment and risk-management skills,
- Identify medical conditions presenting as behavioral emergencies, and
- Comprehend methodological issues and research design considerations needed to advance research in the field.