Addictive Behaviors: New Readings on Etiology, Prevention, and Treatment
$160.00 – List Price
$120.00 – Member/Affiliate Price
Since the successful predecessor of this volume was first published, a new generation of research has become available on addictive behaviors such as drinking, smoking, and other substance use. The articles in this collection, reprinted from American Psychological Association journals, describe a wide range of biological, psychological, and social approaches to researching and treating addictive Behaviors.
- Analyze the role of specific psychological interventions in the treatment of substance use disorders,
- Identify at-risk populations in the epidemiology of addictions,
- Explain the relationship between early substance use and subsequent lifetime substance use difficulties,
- Demonstrate awareness of risk factors for substance use disorders, and
- Assess the impact of family factors in the maintenance of problematic substance use.