In Cognitive Therapy, Dr. Judith S. Beck illustrates how this present-oriented, brief form of psychotherapy works. Dr. Beck meets with an African American woman in her late 30's who is a single parent dealing with life-long depression. Dr. Beck helps the client begin to sort out her problems and modify her dysfunctional cognitions through Socratic questioning and other techniques.
- Identify the basic principles by which cognitive therapy conceptualizes and explores issues related to a client’s presenting concerns,
- Explain a model of cognitive therapy and counseling to gather appropriate information about a client and his/her lifestyle for the purposes of assisting with their treatment,
- Utilize particular skills and techniques that assist in the interviewing of clients who are identified as appropriate candidates for cognitive therapy,
- Identify uses and limitations of cognitive therapy as a treatment modality, and
- Recognize the empirically-validated qualities that contribute to the uses and limitations of cognitive therapy as a treatment modality.
You can take the test in two ways: online (with instant test results) or with mail delivery of a paper version. The video is not included with the test and must be purchased separately.
Online tests can ONLY be purchased online. Phone orders will not be accepted for online test. You can not purchase two or more of the same online test.
A valid email address or your UserID and a password are required during the ordering process. When the order is complete, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve the test. The test is available immediately.
Hardcopy test can be purchased online or by phone (800-374-2721, ext. 5510), fax or mail.
Hardcopy test will be mailed to the address provided during the ordering process. Allow 7-10 days for delivery from date order is received.