Psychology Student Network
A publication of the Education Directorate
January 2014 | Vol. 2, No. 1
In This Issue
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it
Career planning considerations for psychology baccalaureates.
By Paul Hettich, PhD
- Getting involved in research as an undergraduate: nuts and bolts
Finding and making the right connections to researchers.
By John C. Norcross, PhD, ABPP
- Four questions to ask before applying to graduate school
Grad school FAQs.
By Garth Fowler, PhD, Susan Zlotlow, PhD, and Robin Hailstorks, PhD
- Simplifying the search for the right graduate school
Tips for making your grad school choice.
By Eddy Ameen, PhD
- APA approves resolution on accreditation for doctoral and internship programs
News alert: for future graduate students in professional psychology.
By Catherine Grus, PhD
- A career recommendation for students interested in people and technology
Using scientific psychology to save and improve lives.
By Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
- Psi Chi news
Psi Chi publications and opportunities.
- Musicophilia: Tales of music and the brain
A neurologist shares cases related to music and the brain.
Mark Your Calendar
- Summer Science Fellowship
Advanced undergraduate students in psychological science are invited to apply by Feb. 10, 2014.
- Save the dates for psychology’s regional meetings
Take advantage of opportunities to hear exceptional speakers, present your research and meet new colleagues.
- 2014 undergraduate psychology research conferences
Undergraduate research conferences are a terrific opportunity to present your research, to network and learn.
- 2015 PT@CC Student Presentation Contest
Entries must be submitted by March 31, 2014.
- APA Convention
News, program highlights, registration and housing information, and activities listings for the American Psychological Association's Annual Convention.
- Noba announces the 2014 Student Video Award
$10,000 in student awards for active learning in 2014.