- APA Convention CE Recordings: Purchase CE sessions (one- or two-hour presentations) and CE workshops (four- or seven-hour trainings), which were videotaped at a past APA Annual Convention.
- DSM-5 and ICD Trainings: Professional development workshops on the DSM-5 or the ICD available to you through co-sponsorship of the APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology and a host organization. All workshops include CE credits.
- The Clinician's Corner: The APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology offers monthly 3-hour workshops that feature leading practitioners and scholars working in key areas of professional practice. All workshops include CE credits. You can attend two ways: on-site at the APA building (750 First St. NE, Washington, D.C.), or via live webcast.
Independent Study Programs
APA Online Academy: Multimedia presentations with downloadable PowerPoint slides and progress quizzes. The Online Academy consists of two campuses. The Convention Workshops Presentations Campus consists of half-and full-day workshops, while the Professional Development Presentations Campus contains shorter, targeted trainings.
Book-Based Exams: Based on outstanding APA publications that cover a broad array of interests.
Video On-Demand Recordings: These programs offer you the opportunity to complete professional development that fits your interests, your schedule, and your budget.
- Heart and Mind: Contemporary Issues in Cardiac Psychology: This five-part video on-demand series highlights the critical role of psychological science in understanding, preventing and treating cardiac events.
DVD Series Exams: Feature distinguished psychologists demonstrating specific approaches to a wide range of patient problems and conducting psychotherapy in the entire, unedited sessions.
End-of-Life Issues: The American Psychological Association and its collaborator, eNURSING llc , are proud to present a ten-module, online, continuing education program for psychologists, physicians, nurses, social workers, counselors, hospice volunteers, clergy and others who work with people facing end of life (EOL) issues and concerns.
Article Based Exams: Read APA articles covering topics such as evidence-based practice, ethics and clinical psychology, then purchase the exam to earn credit. Formats include:
- APA Monitor's CE Corner
- Ethics Rounds
- Evidence-Based Behavioral Practice (EBBP)
List of APA Approved Sponsors: APA-approved sponsors of continuing professional education located in North American and European states and provinces.
Select from 63 convention workshops
Choose from a wide variety of topic areas
Add to your lifelong learning and professional development
Broaden your professional network
Meet well-known psychologists and experts in your specialty area
APA Practice Organization
Practice Central: Information and resources for practicing psychologists in all settings and at all stages of their career. APA Practice Organization (APAPO) is a companion organization to the American Psychological Association.