Office of Continuing Education in Psychology
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology provides CE opportunities for psychologists to expand their skills while earning CE credits through a wide range of topics. This office works with the Continuing Education Committee which is responsible for overseeing the review and approval of CE Workshops and sessions at the annual convention.
Workshops and Independent Study
123rd APA Annual Convention
Aug. 6-9, 2015
Select from 68 workshops to earn CE credits.
Enrollment opens April 15 at 10 a.m. ET.
Online Learning Series
Approaches to Ethics in Psychology
Due to the overwhelming response to this series, originally released in fall 2014, we are bringing it back.
This three-part series begins April 1 and includes:
- Emerging "Neuroethics," Ethical Intuitions and Ethical Instincts
- Ethical and Forensic Challenges in Risk Assessment of Problematic Sexual Behaviors or Adjudicated Sex Offenses Among Youth
- A Primer on Distinguishing Clinical and Forensic Roles and Applying Ethical Principals in Forensic Psychology Practice
Clinician’s Corner Workshops
- April 17: Growing and Sustaining a Private Practice: Opportunities Are Where You Find Them and Where You Make Them
- May 15: APA Clinician's Corner: A Manualized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Group for Diverse Addictive Behaviors
- June 19: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained: Ethics, Professional Judgment and Therapeutic Risk-Taking with Clients with High-Risk Behaviors