Call for Open Seat NominationsAPA Commission on Accreditation
Deadline: Aug. 29, 2012
The Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association has a vacancy for one of its Open Seats. The seat is for a three-year, non-renewable term (Jan. 1, 2013-Dec. 31, 2015). There is no honorarium for CoA membership, although all travel expenses are reimbursed.
In accordance with its Policies for Accreditation Governance (Implementing Regulation A.1, (PDF, 222KB)), the CoA has determined that the individual for this Open Seat must be a psychologist who has as appropriate experience and expertise in a one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of, and scholarship in, cultural and individual diversity and the intersection between multiple individual and cultural identities (Diversity is defined broadly to include, but is not limited to, the following dimensions: age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, language, national origin, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation and social economic status);
- Postdoctoral residency programs in traditional Clinical and/or specialty practice areas as well as experience with internship training programs;
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies and higher education/accreditation policy.
- New Member Training: Feb. 27
- Policy Meeting: Feb. 28-March 3
- Spring Program Review Meeting: April 4-7
- Summer Program Review Meeting: July 18-21
- Fall Program Review Meeting: Oct. 17-20
Nominations must include the candidate’s current curriculum vitae (CV) and a statement of interest which directly addresses how candidate meets the qualifications outlined above.
Self-nominations are welcome. Those nominating others are asked to assure the nominee’s willingness to serve by including the nominee’s letter of interest.
Please send nomination materials electronically to the APA Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation at no later than Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012. Further questions regarding the duties and qualifications of CoA members may be directed to the Office at the email address listed above.
Three (3) nominations for the Open Seat will be forwarded by the CoA Executive Committee to the APA Board of Educational Affairs (BEA) for their selection. The BEA will notify the nominee directly of his/her appointment to the CoA in late fall 2012.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about accreditation, the accreditation process, choosing a program and more.
American Psychological Association
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
750 First St. NE
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979
Fax: (202) 336-5978