A publication of the Education Directorate
December 2014 |Vol. 13 Download Issue (PDF, 6.4MB)
In This Issue
- From the executive director
Jaime L. Diaz-Granados, PhD, writes his first column as APA's executive director of education.
By Jaime "Jim" Diaz-Granados, PhD
- Congressional support for Graduate Psychology Education Program reaches all-time high
Funding is crucial to expand access to mental and behavioral health services for underserved populations.
News and Announcements
- PSYCAS: Making graduate admission easier
Introducing the centralized application service for graduate psychology.
- Winners of APA Education and Training Awards
Three psychologists honored at 2014 convention in Washington, D.C.
- Award for recognition of Outstanding Graduate Teaching of Psychology as a STEM Discipline
Excellence in mentoring and teaching helps promote psychological science.
- News from Commission on Accreditation
Introducing the accreditation search tool, new Standards of Accreditation, revised AOP and more.
- Center for Psychology in Schools and Education update
New projects and coalition aim to improve teacher education programs.
- Office of Precollege and Undergraduate Education update
TOPSS and PT@CC celebrate several accomplishments and awards in 2014.
- Staff update
APA Education Directorate welcomes Jacqueline Wall, PhD.
- APA collaborates on college mental health
Educating campuses about the relationship between mental health and student success.