ACT Awards and Honors
The APAGS Advocacy Coordinating Team (ACT) gives out 28 awards each year to honor individuals and groups that advance our mission of bringing graduate student voices to bear on the important issues affecting our discipline and the public health through education, training and advocacy.
Excellence in Campus Leadership (ECL)
- Twelve per year; six awards per semester, one in each ACT region.
- Fall awards selected on/around Jan. 30 for period September-December.
- Spring awards selected on/around May 30 for period January-April.
Highest point earners for the period in each region. ACT chair confirms choices and breaks ties.
- Book selection.
- Recognition on APAGS website and APAGSREP email list.
Campus Leader of the Year (CLY)
One per year; selected on/around Aug. 30 for previous period August-July.
Selected by the ACT committee from a pool of 12 most recent ECL winners along with any wildcards endorsed by state advocacy coordinators (SACs) based on the following criteria:
- Assessment of campus representatives’ overall impact and presence.
- Demonstration of qualities of enthusiasm/creativity.
- Potential to continue serving as an ACT leader.
ACT chair confirms choices and breaks ties.