Manual of Procedures: Clinical Practice Guidelines Development*
The Manual of Procedures is under development by the Advisory Steering Committee.
The following sections are currently available:
- Statement of Mission, Vision and Principles
- Topic Selection Criteria
- Criteria for Development Panel Members
- Declaration of Interests and Conflict of Interest Policy: Advisory Steering Committee for the Development of Clinical Treatment (PDF, 31KB)
- Declaration of Interests and Conflict of Interest Policy: Clinical Treatment Guideline Development (PDF, 31KB)
* Note: APA has adopted new terminology aimed at bringing its labeling of guidelines in accord with that of other health care organizations. The term "clinical treatment guidelines" has been replaced by "clinical practice guidelines." Further, the term "practice guidelines" has been replaced by "professional practice guidelines." Clinical practice guidelines are focused on specific disorders and interventions, while professional practice guidelines are mainly concerned with how practice is conducted with particular populations or in particular settings.
News and Resources