For Division Leaders
- Division Services gives out prizes at convention
Staff in the APA Division Services Office spread the word about the divisions at the APA Annual Convention and encouraged division leaders and members to do so as well.
By Keith Cooke
- APA loses a friend and colleague
Kathy Gebe passed away on Aug. 17.
- Legal & finance tips for divisions
Thank you to division treasurers for meeting during convention.
By Holly Flynn
- Tech Tip: Follow @APA_Divisions and share your information on Twitter
Social media are great ways of sharing division information. We have created a webpage for listing divisions' social media and have started by filling in Twitter accounts. We will be collecting and posting other types of accounts as well.
- For Division Leaders
Resources provided by APA for division officers and leaders: help with administrative services, newsletters, Handbook for Division Officers, calendars by APA office, financial services/division treasurer information, and division demographic profiles.
- Contact Division Services
APA staff and members of the Committee on Division/APA Relations are here to help divisions and division leaders.
Share with Your Members
- 2014 APA initial and current fellows, approved August 2014
Congratulations to APA's newly elected fellows.
- The Counseling Psychologist (TCP)
Div. 17 (Society of Counseling Psychology) and the APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology have partnered to offer readers of TCP opportunities to earn CE credits.
Conferences and Events
- Sixth Annual Rural Behavioral Health Practice Conference
Join us for "Integrated Care in Rural Practice." Register to attend in person, participate via webcast and respond to the call for posters.
- Rehabilitation Psychology Annual Conference
The 17th annual Rehabilitation Psychology continuing education program is organized by Div. 22 and the American Board of Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Society of Pediatric Psychology Annual Conference
This year's conference, "New Frontiers in Pediatric Psychology: From Innovation to Application," will highlight top research and practice in the field of pediatric psychology.
- 2015 Division Leadership Conference
DLC is the primary training opportunity for division presidents-elect. The 2015 conference will be held Jan. 23-25, 2015, at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- Henry Tomes Awards for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Psychology
These awards honor psychologists from each ethnic minority community — African-American, Alaska Native/American Indian, Asian-American/Pacific Islander, Latina/o American — on a rotating basis.
- Call for Nominations: APA Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs
The American Psychological Association's Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA) is seeking nominations for two new members to begin three-year terms of service on Jan. 1, 2015.
- Call for Nominations: APA Committee on Associate and Baccalaureate Education
This newly established committee will replace and strengthen the APA Committee of Psychology Teachers at Community Colleges (PT@CC). Nominations are due by October 14, 2014.
- Interdivisional Grant Program
The purpose of the program is to support joint activities that enhance the work, interests or goals of two or more divisions.
- APA-IUPsyS Global Mental Health Fellowship
Spend a year at the World Health Organization working on one or more issues related to the Mental Health Action Plan.
- American Psychological Foundation (APF)
APF provides financial support for innovative research and programs that enhance the power of psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential both now and in generations to come.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Division Dialogue will be published Nov. 10, 2014. To submit content pertinent to divisions and division leaders, email Keith Cooke by Oct. 24, 2014. See our instructions for more information.