July 2014 | Vol. 14, No. 4
July Featured Article
For Division Leaders
- Division Profiles By Division
Use these profiles to learn more about each division’s membership demographics, education, current major field, and employment.
- Continuing Education Committee shares quality professional development and continuing education resolution
A letter from the committee’s chairman to all APA members, division leadership and CE sponsors.
- Legal & finance tips for divisions
Meet with division accounting staff at APA Annual Convention 2014.
- Contact Division Services
APA staff and members of the Committee on Division/APA Relations are here to help divisions and division leaders.
Share with Your Members
- 2014 Division and SPTA Election Results
The APA Election Office announced the 2014 division and SPTA election results in mid-June.
- CE preconvention workshops at the APA convention
Choose from three pre-convention CE workshops in collaboration with APA divisions.
- Invitation to FREE APA Convention Workshop on Educational Presentations
For professionals who want to offer presentations on maximizing participant learning when presenting professional development (or educational) programs.
Conferences and Events
- 2015 National Multicultural Conference and Summit
The summit will provide a welcoming space to explore the question, "relative to science, service, training and policy, what has the multicultural psychology movement not yet accomplished?"
- Clinical Psychology Graduate Summit: A Day of Learning with Society of Clinical Psychology Leaders
Pre-registration is required for this all day event for graduate students.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology: Call for Nominations
APA's Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology (CDIP) seeks nominations from individuals, APA Committees, Boards, and Divisions, as well as self-nominations, for two new members to begin three-year terms on Jan. 1, 2015.
- Call for Nominations to the APA Committee on Aging
The Committee on Aging is accepting nominations, including self-nominations, for two new members to serve a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2014.
- Call for Nominations for the Committee on Socioeconomic Status
CSES anticipates two membership vacancies and is seeking qualified candidates to serve three-year terms commencing January 2015.
- Continuing Education Committee Terms: 2015
The Continuing Education Committee seeks nominations from individuals, APA Committees, Boards and Divisions, as well as self-nominations for four new members to begin three-year terms on Jan. 1, 2015.
- 2014 Call for Nominations: Committee on Early Career Psychologists
CECP is seeking nominations for three representatives to serve a three-year term (2015-2017).
- Committee on Children, Youth and Families: Call for Nominations
The Committee on Children, Youth and Families nomination materials should be submitted by Aug. 30, 2014.
- American Psychological Foundation (APF)
APF provides financial support for innovative research and programs that enhance the power of psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential both now and in generations to come.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Division Dialogue will be published Sept. 8, 2014. To submit content pertinent to divisions and division leaders, email Keith Cooke by Aug. 22, 2014. See our instructions for more information.