May 2010 | Vol. 10, No. 1
May/June Featured Articles
Also in this Issue...
- Fellows Committee Call for Nominations
The APA Fellows Committee seeks nominations for two new members for a three year term beginning January 1, 2011.
- E-Conference on Undergraduate Education Offered
An e-conference on Curriculum, Assessment, and Diversity: Exploring Themes of Undergraduate Education in Psychology was held on May 21, 2010 (12:30 PM – 4:00 PM EDT).
- Call for Public Comment: National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula
The APA National Standards Working Group has posted the revised National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula (Draft, 2010) for review and comment.
- Call for Papers for Communiqué Special Section on Indigenous People
The Communiqué is the semi-annual electronic news journal of the American Psychological Association's Office of Ethnic Minority Affairs (OEMA). The August 2010 issue will feature a special section on "Indigenous People: Promoting Psychological Healing and Well-being."
- Improve Your Practice and Help Your Community: Become a Volunteer HIV Trainer!
The American Psychological Association’s HIV Office for Psychology Education (HOPE) Program seeks doctoral-level psychologists to become volunteer regional HIV/AIDS mental health trainers. Candidates should have HIV-related research, clinical, and training experience.
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology
APA's Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology (CDIP) seeks nominations for two new members to begin three-year terms on January 1.
- Call for Nominations for the Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
The Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology (CDIP) of the American Psychological Association (APA) presents its Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award.
- Committee on Socioeconomic Status 2010 Leadership Awards Call for Nominations
The Committee on Socioeconomic Status is calling for nominations for the 2010 CSES Leadership Awards.