Wayne Weiten Teaching Excellence Award
The Fund for Excellence in the Teaching of Psychology provides financial support for the teaching awards program administered by the Society for the Teaching of Psychology. The Fund's assets are derived entirely from donations from generous individuals and organizations that seek to promote and recognize excellence in the teaching of psychology.
You can find nomination criteria on Div. 2's website. Renominations and self-nominations are acceptable.
Submit materials via email:
- Cover sheet that includes:
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Category of award for which the person is nominated (e.g., 4-year college, 2-year college, high school).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and address of who should be informed if the nominee wins the STP Teaching Award (e.g., department head, principal, supervisor).
- Current curriculum vitae that includes educational history of nominee, professional work history, membership in professional organizations, previous recognition or awards, publications, and participation in professional development activities or conferences (e.g., as presenter or attendee).
- Letters of recommendation from at least three (3), but not more than five (5), persons, each of whom can speak to the qualifications of the nominee in light of the appropriate criteria.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (a maximum of two double-spaced pages).
- Evidence to illustrate award criteria.
J. Kris Leppien-Christensen, PhD
Vincent Granito, PhD
Phil O. McClung West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Parkersburg, W. Va.
Jennifer O'Loughlin-Brooks Collin College, Texas
Kimberley Duff, Cerritos College, Norwalk, Calif.
Kim O'Donnell, Naugatuck Valley Community College, Conn.
Diane L. Finley, Prince George's Community College, Largo, Md.
Joseph A. Mayo, Gordon College, Barnesville, Ga.
Robert L. Johnson, Umpqua Community College, Roseburg, Ore.
David R. Murphy Waubonsee Community College, Sugar Grove, Ill.
Tonja L. Ringgold, Baltimore City Community College
Ann T. Ewing Mesa Community College
Jerry Rudmann, Irvine Valley College
Mark W. Vernoy, Palomar College, Calif.
Robin Hailstorks, Prince George's Community College
Virginia Nichols Quinn, North Virginia Community College
JoAnn C. Brannocle, Fullerton College
Margaret Anne Bly, Edison Community College, Ft. Meyers, Fla.
Ann E. Garrett Robinson, South Central Community College
Richard E. Miller, Navarro College, Texas
Sandra Lee Ladd West Valley College, Calif.
Larry R Vandevert, Spokane Falls Community College, Wash.
Karen R. Huffman, Palomar College, Calif.
Wayne Weiten, College of DuPage, Ill.
Tom Bond, Thomas Nelson Community College
Peter Burzynski, Vincennes University
Duane Windemiller, Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill, Mass.
James Bell, Howard Community College
Jim Eison, Roane State Community College, Tenn.