Wilbert J. McKeachie Teaching Excellence Award
The Fund for Excellence in the Teaching of Psychology provides financial support for the teaching awards program administered by the Society for the Teaching of Psychology. The Fund's assets are derived entirely from donations from generous individuals and organizations that seek to promote and recognize excellence in the teaching of psychology.
Note: From 1980-2005, this award combined recognition of graduate students and early career practitioners. In 2006, a separate award was created to recognize Early Career teaching accomplishments.
You can find nomination criteria on Div. 2's website. Renominations and self-nominations are acceptable.
Submit materials via email:
- Cover sheet that includes:
- Nominee’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Category of award for which the person is nominated (e.g., 4-year college, 2-year college, high school).
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Name and address of who should be informed if the nominee wins the STP Teaching Award (e.g., department head, principal, supervisor).
- Current curriculum vitae that includes educational history of nominee, professional work history, membership in professional organizations, previous recognition or awards, publications, and participation in professional development activities or conferences (e.g., as presenter or attendee).
- Letters of recommendation from at least three (3), but not more than five (5), persons, each of whom can speak to the qualifications of the nominee in light of the appropriate criteria.
- Statement of teaching philosophy (a maximum of two double-spaced pages).
- Evidence to illustrate award criteria.
Lynne Kennette, Wayne State University, Detroit
Sadie Leder University at Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y.
Jeremy Houska University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Jared Keeley, Auburn University
Jessica Irons, Auburn University
Trisha A. Benson, Auburn University
George M. Slavich, University of Oregon
Jason F. Sikorski, Auburn University
Erika W. Pohl, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
Bryan K. Saville, Auburn University
Courtney E. Ahrens, University of Illinois at Chicago Circle
Linda R. Tropp, University of California, Santa Cruz, Calif.
William Douglas Woody, Colorado State University
Amy T. Galloway, N. Michigan University
Barbara Hofer, University of Michigan
Earl M. Williams, University of California, Los Angeles
Maria Lynn, St. Louis University
Steven A. Meyers, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
Joel David Swendsen, UCLA
Andrew Schrack Walters, University of Georgia
Cathy Grover, Texas A&M University
Arthur Kohn, Duke University
Linda M. Brandelberry, St. Louis University
David Pittenger, University of Georgia
Lyn Mowafy, University of Arizona
Michael R. Stevenson, Purdue University
Hugh Foley, State University of N.Y., Stony Brook, N.Y.
Gary Namie, University of California, Santa Barbara, Calif.
Susan Warner, University of Florida