Award in Support of Conferences and Workshops on Graduate and Postgraduate Education and Training in Psychology
BEA will award up to $10,000 per year in conference grants to multiple awardees; typical grant funding is $2,000 per conference/workshop. Awards must support organizations or groups of psychologists planning conferences and workshops intended to enhance the quality of education for faculty and/or supervisors who then will use the knowledge to train students, interns and/or postdoctoral fellows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the $10,000 be given to only one organization or is it split between several winners?
The amount given to each award winner is determined by the Board of Educational Affairs subcommittee. Typically each award winner receives $2,000, however, in the past the subcommittee has awarded more money to exemplary proposals.
Are there any samples of past winners' proposals?
Examples are included on the Past Recipients tab.
Can we contact APA for a consultation?
Yes, you are invited to contact staff for a brief consultation about the requirements of the award. Staff are not able to give instructions on how to write potential applications. This service is only to provide clarification on general questions about how to apply.
How soon will the winners be announced?
Announcement for winners are to be made by Nov. 1 of each year.
Preference will be given to groups or organizations that have not been awarded a Graduate and Postgraduate Education & Training grant in the past two years.
How to Apply
To apply for a BEA Conference award, complete the application form (DOC, 20KB) and email by Sept. 1 to:
Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Education
American Psychological Association
Washington, DC 20002-4242
- Association of Veteran Affairs Psychology Leaders (PDF, 86KB)
- Puerto Rico Psychology Association (PDF, 120KB)
- National Consortium of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP) (PDF, 78KB)
- Division of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health, Ohio State Medical Center (PDF, 59KB)
- Utah Psychological Association (PDF, 45KB)
- The Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) (PDF, 18KB)
- VA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School (PDF, 240KB)